Throughout Part 2, including Thursday Late
2016 saw the return of the Screening Programme at New Designers Part 2, featuring selected shorts from exhibiting graduates across moving image, animation, film and gaming.
In 2016 we were excited to welcome an esteemed panel of industry experts to judge the New Designers Screening Prize. The judges were -
- Lee Parker – Creative Director On Air – Entertainment and Movies at Sky
- Lorenzo Cenci Di Bello - Producer/Lead Compositor at Be Animation
- Adam Jenns - Founder and Executive Producer at Mainframe
- Aly Moffat, Executive Producer at 2am Films
- Basil Khalil, Independent Academy Award Nominee Film maker
This panel of industry experts viewed the selected finalists at New Designers during Part 2 and selected Tom Edmondson, University of Derby, VC25 as the winner of the New Designers Screening Prize. Tom was presented with £250 from Sky and a work placement from Be Animation.
Visitors to the show were also able to vote for their personal favourite with the most popular short being awarded the New Designers Screening Prize People’s Vote. The winner of the New Designers Screening Prize People’s Vote 2016 was Aaron Baker, University of Portsmouth, VC1.