Winner: Evie Scott
Title of work: Entire Collection
University: Arts University Bournemouth
We loved the diversity & detail of Evie’s handwriting. She displayed lovely drawing skills across complex & highly skilled prints.
A 1 month virtual or hybrid placement.
The winning design(s) that the team feel is/are most relevant to the Wilko customer could be bought by the Wilko team and developed further to be sold in Wilko stores.
Image: Evie Scott, Winner of the Wilko Surface Pattern Award 2022.
The award will be presented to the individual that has designed a collection of textiles, surface patterns or prints that captures a current trend and has been translated into a design with universal appeal.
The collection should demonstrate a confident use of colour with a fresh handwriting style.
The collection should include:
- An understanding of identifying emerging trends and the ability to translate them to a relevant customer group.
- Confident use of colour and creating palettes.
- A broad use of mix media and mark making to create the designs.
- Shows an ability to work in different handwriting styles.
- Shows consideration for how prints would be applied to product in terms of scale, palette, positioning.
- Demonstrate good understanding of putting designs into workable repeats.
- Shows a passion towards design for commercial design and a confidence in talking about their work.