Make it in Design is the world’s leading online school for surface pattern design.
A collaboration between internationally-acclaimed surface pattern designer Rachael Taylor and award-winning entrepreneur and author Beth Kempton, founder of Do What You Love.
Make it in Design incorporates:
- Four professional on-line courses designed to teach you everything you need to know to succeed as a surface pattern designer led by Rachael Taylor
- MOYO Magazine - the world’s first online magazine dedicated to surface pattern design – and it's free!
- A rich source of surface pattern design resources including; practical advice, industry news, technical hints and tips, design ideas, challenges and inspiration, designer interviews, video series, live events, real opportunities, industry contacts, lots of encouragement and so much more to help nurture new talent and support established surface pattern designers to succeed.
- The Make it in Design Members site. We will shortly be opening the virtual doors to a brand new Make It In Design Members’ Club, which will be a low-cost, high-value monthly subscription offering you access to expert design advice and support all year round. This will include a private design community, and a host of practical goodies to support our students professional development and design business.
Our acclaimed online courses have helped establish the careers of many new and exciting designers. Students have gone on to launch their own design studios and product lines, win national awards, be featured in design books and on leading blogs and signed for exciting licensing deals.
We invite you to join us on stand A6
(first floor near to the cafe) at New Designers (Part 1) to find out about all the free resources
and unique opportunities
available to students
to help provide a solid foundation for a successful career as a surface pattern
designer. Speak with Rachael, Beth or a member of the Make it in Design to find out all about what we do and can offer you.
The team will also be on the look out for great new talent to feature in an up-coming issue of MOYO
– the world's first on-line magazine dedicated to surface pattern design which has been viewed over 2.6 million times
since it launched.
In addition find out about Summer School 2018- a fantastic opportunity for art & design students to stretch themselves as designers, experience working to 2019 trend-inspired briefs, grow their portfolio, connect with other designers around the world, win prizes and get their work published.
We will also have lots of fun and creative giveaways for visitors to get involved in.
PLUS on Thursday June 28, we will be hosting a program of talks in collaboration with The Design Trust for their hugely successful and informative Start Up Day.