APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 NOW OPEN
One Year On is a destination feature within New Designers that presents emerging, entrepreneurial designers with a strong body of work. It runs across both weeks of the show and covers all disciplines.
As one of the busiest zones of New Designers it is an unmissable destination for buyers, collectors and press alike. Participating in One Year On also offers extensive opportunities for PR and marketing through our dedicated PR team. Previous One Year On Exhibitors have been featured in publications such as The Guardian, The Observer Magazine, Elle Decoration and many more.
Applications are now open so make sure you apply as soon as possible. Deadline for submissions 31st January 2018.
Apply For One Year On 2018
This application does not bind you legally and we require no money with your application, however you must plan to take part should you be selected for the final 80.
Benefits of Exhibiting
With up to 15,000 visitors to the show each year this is a fantastic opportunity for you to be involved if you:
- Want to meet potential employers, buyers, press and industry professionals
- Have a professional attitude and are enthusiastic about your work and business
- Are committed to taking part and want to be discovered
You can download further information here.
OYO18 Information Pack
Criteria to Apply
An independent panel of judges will be selecting the participants for One Year On on the following criteria:
- You’re within your first year of business when applying to be part of One Year On
- Originality and creativity in your design
- Quality of making and presentation
- Can show progression in your work
- Commitment to the development of your work
- You don’t have to be a previous exhibitor at New Designers
“One Year On is the ideal stepping stone to launch a new brand into the industry after graduation. With a huge amount of support and advice available, I think the New Designers team really help to develop your work onto the next level so that it is ready for industry. In particular, the press and marketing team did a fantastic job at showcasing the One Year On work ahead of the show resulting in pre-show interviews and features which was a great opportunity to gain interest whilst advertising the show and the exhibitors.”
Rachel Howarth – New Designers One Year On Award Winner 2016