The Screening Room at New Designers takes place in the second week with a curated selection of the best shorts from this year’s new filmmakers and animators at the show who are experimenting across moving image, animation, film, and gaming.
Jacinta by Joanna Pinto (Cambridge School of Art, ARU) – Winner of the New Designers 2019 Screening Prize
The New Designers Screening Prize is open to ALL graduates who are exhibiting within Visual Communications in Week 2 of New Designers (July 8 – 11 July 2020).
We encourage short film, moving image, digital media and gaming submissions of all types including narrative and experimental, live action and animation, fiction and documentary.
A panel of industry experts will view the selected finalists at New Designers during Week 2 and the winner of the New Designers Screening Prize will be announced during the show.
Entries will be selected on demonstration of the following criteria;
- communication and engagement skills using visual and audio language
- creative story-telling
- innovative ideas & originality
Please note, you may submit more than one entry.
Follow this entry format carefully
- All files must be sent through WeTransfer once you have completed your online application.
- Please email your WeTransfer entry to email@example.com
- All files must be labelled clearly with your name, file number and project title. John Smith, file 1, Happy Days.
- Multiple submissions will need to be completed on the one application form, NOT separate application submissions.
- Maximum file running time to be no longer than 4 minutes (longer files will not be considered for selection)
- Your film must NOT be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound contained in your entry.
- Your File MUST be encoded in the following format to be considered for selection.
H.264 / MPEG-4 1920×1080 (full HD) or 1280×720 25 frames per second Mpeg4/AAC Audio: 48000Hz Minimum file size of 500MB Receipt of submission: Entrants will receive an email confirming receipt of submission
The New Designers screening programme has a selection process so not all submissions will be shown. Please follow the above entry format very carefully to maximize your opportunity for inclusion.
The selection decision is final and unsuccessful applicants cannot be reconsidered and we are unable to give feedback on the selection process.
Any questions, please get in touch with Bethany Heath, Tel: 020 7688 6828.