Name: Brigita Bivainyte
Title: Metamorphosis of grain
Course: Silversmithing and Jewellery Design
University: The Glasgow School of Art
FROM THE JUDGES
Brigita Bivainyte from The Glasgow School of Art for “Metamorphosis of Grain”: A beautiful presentation with technical drawings and models that effectively conveyed the development processes involved in creating this bold, dynamic statement piece.
Design a piece or suite of jewellery to wear at a formal evening event after all restrictions have been lifted. Your jewellery should celebrate a person or group of people who have inspired you over the duration of the pandemic. You are encouraged to interpret this in any way that allows you to produce a unique and distinctive piece or suite of jewellery.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Upon considering ‘What makes me myself?’ Brigita Bivainyte connected with her Lithuanian roots, traditions, culture, heritage and her family. Through this, she was inspired to create a jewelley piece which celebrates her culture and country with all the people who make the culture alive, including her ancestors who contributed to the extraordinary traditions which make Lithuania different.
- A £250 Goldsmiths’ Centre voucher for you to spend on any of our short courses. In order to help you decide which to choose you will meet one-to-one with the Professional Training Team to discuss your career aspirations and to help you plan your next steps.
- Following the meeting we will provide you with a recommendation and a tailored choice of courses that may be suitable for your needs. It is then up to you to decide which of our short courses you wish to spend your £250 voucher on.
- You will be invited to take part in an intense one-week introduction to business course in 2022.
- A one-to-one session with Goldsmiths’ Company’s Library Team to support your research and design development now plus access to the Goldsmiths’ Company Library and Archive’s unique resources now and in the future.
- A Laser AND Punch Hallmarking Package for free from the Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office. This means you can choose whether to have your hallmark applied by laser or punch each and every time you send your work to us. (Usually a student registration is only laser registration). This unrivalled
package comprises a 10-year registration and laser software set-up in preparation for laser